BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stunts on the ropes: A dream fulfilled in four days!

Photo by Bob Willits
[The following is my diary entry of June 22, 2008, 7:43 a.m., Sunday -- four days after my dream. At first, I never knew that what I was writing about in that entry was already the dream's fulfillment. --Gio C. Tijano.]

Lord, forgive me -- I did not do anything to save a youngster who fell to the violent seas at the seawall last night.
You know that I wanted to rescue him, but I was not in my right mind because nervousness attacked me.
Two men rescued him, but the neighborhood was furious of me.
A man in the distance even got a bamboo pole and struck it on the pavement several times while looking at me. The neighbors persuaded him to stop it, but he was very angry.
It was dreadful.
I felt I was white as ashes.
But I mustered courage when realization came to me that I did nothing bad, and so I thought, "Why should I be afraid?"
I walked towards the group that was having a drinking spree.
I faced them.
I was oozing with courage -- I know You were with me at that very moment.
The bamboo-wielding guy was, suddenly, out of sight.
The men fell silent at my presence.
I know my heavenly friends surrounded me at that moment.
I talked to them.
Somebody said I shouldn't be frequenting the seawall as I do not know how to swim.
I replied, "But I am only sitting on the seawall, and not on the waters!"
He fell silent again.
Maybe, what he was driving at was that, he was ordering me to stop frequenting the place.
But I just came from there this morning.

O my God! -- the fulfillment of my dream! I realize it only now.
Slanted ravine, the slanted seawall... skilled rescuer, the adept man in the dream... three guys forming a chain to help rescuer and the victim get on top of seawall, the ropes in the dream... I was on top of seawall as I watched in amazement at their adeptness, especially the human chains...  The  people  there applauded the rescuers; and I have become the talk of the neighborhood because of my display of courage in the midst of furious men... I was alone... A  stranger in the place...

"WHEN THE enemy SHALL COME IN LIKE A FLOOD, THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD SHALL LIFT UP A STANDARD AGAINST him." --Isaiah 59: 19.
 

0 comments: