BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

A bird, a boy, a swan lady, and a skillful skater!

In my prayer walks this morning, I was amused by the behavior of a bird walking on the street wire.
.
It was four or five times bigger than a finch; it flew from the ground and rested on the street wire above me.
.
It walked sideways to get near to its companion bird, balancing itself so carefully, lest it falls!
.
As if it never knew how to fly!
.
*******
.
I am amused by a young boy who passed by me, walking by the edge of the seawall as I have been standing close to the edge.
.
I greeted him and followed him with my eyes as he was walking away from me.
.
After each few steps, the boy would look back and smile to see me still looking and smiling at him until he was far away.
.
*******
.
A young woman sat on the seawall's edge so poised and dignified as a swan that when a big splash of the waves caught her back and her white, soft pajama, I laughed!
.
I laughed more when she turned to leave.
.
Her lower back black undergarment was seen through!
.
God, forgive me.
.
*******
.
I am now here at the wharf sitting under the imperfect full moon and almost surrounded by a moving, moon-lit sea.
.
It tickled me to see a rollerskating young man displaying his skills here.
.
First, forward; second, backward; third, falling flat!
.
You Are Loved [Don't Give Up] (Radio Edit)             The Prayer (With Charlotte Church)                        Vincent

0 comments: