BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The seawall divers









It is a raging sea.

There is excitement inside of me.

I can see the same excitement in every young boy plunging from the seawall to the waves.

And I see that these young divers like to be watched as they do their thing because they are smiling at me.

I was grinning to show my appreciation.

Diving at such a time was dangerous, though, because the sea was not yet that very high.

Yet, they managed to come out unhurt.

A squeaking bird

There is that squeaking voice of a bird again!

It is coming from next to my room, a vacant lot that seems to be a little "jungle."

Intermittently, it would shrill like shouting for help.

Maybe, it is crippled and asking for food.

I don't know, but I already prayed.

A chinky-eyed kid

I am here at the seawall, having my snack. A boy is asking for some; I never give, I can't because he has lots of companions -- all kids, too.
.
But where is that kid now? That round-faced and chinky-eyed kid? I left a portion for him, and he is nowhere in sight.

Thanks, God! I found him. I gave it. I am relieved.

I am going now to the chapel.


Hope for the Flowers     Being in Love: A Practical Guide to Christian Prayer

0 comments: